Los Angeles 48.3% IV, 2015
Archival marker on gridded vellum
24 x 24 in.
from the collection of Henry Muňoz
“The Brown Dot Project” is an elegant solution to questions about Latino population data in Southern California.
- Within the area of each image are 48,400 squares.
- 48.3% of Los Angeles’ population is Latino.
- 48.3% of 48,400 squares is 23,377.
- This piece contains 23,377 Brown Dots to represent the Latino population in Los Angeles.
- I count the dots in increments of 50. 23,377 dots equaling 467 sets of fifty dots plus 27.